Spring is in the air and you know what that means! It’s time for longer walks and more playing outside. Did your pet put on some extra winter weight? Here are some tips for helping to shed those pounds!
- Stick to a strict diet: make sure you are reading the back of your pet’s food bag or listening to Dr. Rana’s instructions to make sure you are feeding the appropriate amount.
- Use healthy treats: baby carrots make great treats for dogs! Often times you can use pieces of their regular kibble as treats, too!
- If your dog gets treats, cut down on dinner: if you find yourself having a hard time saying no to those puppy dog eyes, make sure you feed less than their normal dinner amount to make up for the extra calories consumed in treats.
- Get outside: enjoy the warm weather! Take longer walks, play out in the yard more, and check out cool places in Milwaukee like the beach and hiking trails!
- Be prepared: warm weather means our pesky friends, fleas and ticks, are back out. Make sure your dog is protected with heartworm prevention, flea and tick prevention, and a lyme vaccination!